Finding the perfect mortgage solution does not need to be complicated. Here are some tips to get you off to a good start:
- Utilize a local mortgage lender with whom you can develop a good working relationship. It’s hard to beat having the option for a face-to-face meeting to help facilitate one of your most important transactions.
- Compare rates from a few trusted sources. Most lender rates will be quite competitive, but the level of service and reliability can vary greatly.
- A trustworthy lender will require certain documentation from you along the way. Be sure to provide any requested items promptly to avoid delays in your closing date.
- Consider that your quoted interest rate may change daily before you have locked the rate. You will want to provide your lender with a written purchase agreement to lock in your interest rate.
- If your closing date is too far down the road, you may have to lock in a higher interest rate for the longer period.